When we become members of the Body of Christ, we become brothers and sisters of Christ, co-heirs with Him. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For [the Spirit which] you have now received [is] not a spirit of slavery to put you once more in bondage to fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption [the Spirit producing sonship] in [the bliss of] which we cry, Abba (Father)! Father! The Spirit Himself [thus] testifies together with our own spirit, [assuring us] that we are children of God. And if we are [His] children, then we are [His] heirs also: heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ [sharing His inheritance with Him]; only we must share His suffering if we are to share His glory (Rom. 8:14-17). As co-heirs we also enter into the promises made to Abraham and Christ Jesus. Christ purchased our freedom [redeeming us] from the curse (doom) of the Law [and its condemnation] by [Himself] becoming a curse for us, for it is written [in the Scriptures], Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree (is crucified); To the end that through [their receiving] Christ Jesus, the blessing [promised] to Abraham might come upon the Gentiles, so that we through faith might [all] receive [the realization of] the promise of the [Holy] Spirit. To speak in terms of human relations, brethren, [if] even a man makes a last will and testament (a merely human covenant), no one sets it aside or makes it void or adds to it when once it has been drawn up and signed (ratified, confirmed). Now the promises (covenants, agreements) were decreed and made to Abraham and his Seed (his Offspring, his Heir). He [God] does not say, And to seeds (descendants, heirs), as if referring to many persons, but, And to your Seed (your Descendant, your Heir), obviously referring to one individual, Who is [none other than] Christ (the Messiah) (Gal. 3:13-16).
This is why Paul could write to the Corinthians, For as many as are the promises of God, they all find their Yes [answer] in Him [Christ]. For this reason we also utter the Amen (so be it) to God through Him [in His Person and by His agency] to the glory of God (2Cor. 1:20). Of course, we have been spending the last ten months looking at who we are according to God’s promises, but we need to pause, take a breath, and make a summary review so that all these lessons make sense and allow us to begin living the promises. I’ve made a list of the major promises (as if any are minor) along with the verses that clearly discuss them. Hold onto these. Live them. Pray them for yourself and your loved ones. Remember, they are all yes in Christ.
- You have the right to choose whom you will serve and to make your own decisions or to involve God in your life (Deut. 30:19, Josh. 24:15).
- You have the right to ask for eternal life with God and to then live in eternity with Him from that moment forward (John 3:16, 17:3, Rom. 10:13).
- You are a Priest of the Living God (1Peter 2:9, Rev. 5:10).
- You are Prophet of the Living God (Joel 2:28, Acts 2:17:18).
- You are a king under the Kingship of the Lord Jesus (Rom. 5:17, Rev. 5:10, 19:16).
- You walk in the authority of the Blood of Christ (Heb. 13:20, 1John 1:7, Rev. 12:11).
- You walk in the authority of the Word of the Living God (Ps. 34:4, Eph. 6: 17).
- You walk in the authority of the name of Jesus (John 16:24-26, Col. 3:17)
- You walk in the enabling power of the Holy Spirit (1Tim 1:7, Acts 1:8, Eph. 1:19-20).
10. You live a life of Agape Love (1Tim 1`:7, Rom 5:5, 1Cor. 13).
11. You have the mind of Christ to enable you to truly know God’s Word and think His thoughts (Prove 16:3, 1Tim. 1:7, Rom 12:2-3, 1Cor. 2:16).
12. You have access to even the deepest things of God (1Cor 2:10).
13. You are empowered with God’s own righteousness (Rom. 3:20-22, 1Cor. 5:21).
14.You have received the anointing of Christ and have the right to put it on and walk in it (Rom. 13:14, Col. 3:12, 1John 2:20).
15. You have been given the very armor of God Himself, and have the right to wear it at all times (Rom. 13:12, Eph. 5:11-18)
16. In Christ, you are an overcomer (john 16:33, 1John 4:4, 5:4-5, Rev, 12:11).
17. You have the right of bind the things of the Evil One and loose the things of God in your life (Matt. 16:19, 18:18, Gal 5:22-23).
18. You have the right to come directly into the throne room of God and there to talk with Him face to face (Heb. 4:16,
19. You have a place on God’s throne at His right hand, next to the Lord Jesus (Col. 3:1, Heb. 12:2, Eph. 2:6).
20. You have the right to ask for forgiveness of sin and be totally cleansed (Col. 1:14, 1John 1:7-9).
21. You have the right to be fully filled with (baptized in) the Holy Spirit so that you may enjoy all the fullness of God at all times and in all ways (Matt. 3:1, Acts 2:38,
If you walk in just these 21 promises from God, you will be a powerful man/woman of God. Meaning, you will be in tune with God in all that you do and be a powerful witness to His love and His care for His children. You truly will be a light unto the world (Matt. 5:14).